Position: Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
Our retirement community is seeking a care-centred team player to fulfill the role of Registered Practical Nurse.This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate be a critical member of the wellness team. If you are able to demonstrate empathy and have an understanding of the needs of seniors, this may be the right opportunity for you!
The successful candidate’s areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the wellness of all the residents;
- Conducting assessments and reassessment;
- Developing, monitoring, and updating plans of care, as assigned;
- Directing the wellness staff and ensuring their responsibilities are completed in an accurate and timely manner;
- Providing medication support and administration;
- Responding to all emergency situations;
- Completing pertinent reports correctly and in keeping with assigned deadlines;
- Ensuring compliance of all applicable legislation, for example the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 and its regulations;
- Meeting the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario at all times;
- Staffing replacement tasks (i.e. sick calls);
- All other duties, as assigned.
Other key qualifications for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario, with medication administration qualifications;
- Nursing experience in a similar setting;
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates is preferable;
- Ability to read, write, and accurately follow written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to communicate to our senior residents, their families, colleagues, etc., in a friendly and professional manner;
- Effective time management skills to work under specified time constraints and in accordance with job routines, while observing policies and procedures as well as applicable work standards and safety regulations;
- The ability to focus on multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment;
- Must be able to anticipate problems and use sound judgment and tact in handling confidential matters;
- Must be knowledgeable of pertinent legislation and regulations including the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 and its regulations;
- The ability to conduct your work on a computer utilizing Microsoft Office programs;
- A criminal records/vulnerable sector screen, TB screening using a two-step Mantoux tuberculin test, and satisfactory professional references.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Balmoral Place Retierment Community welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Balmoral Place. Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please